Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Disney's The Search for Santa Paws

It's here, it's really here! The 2010 Christmas Season is upon us!!!!! What better way to get in the spirit than to snuggle up with family and watch Christmas movies old and new? My daughter is finally old enough that we can sit and watch some of my favorites from when I was a child, AND we can discover new favorites to be enjoyed year after year! Today, I want to tell you about a new movie, a fresh release, hot off the press!


I know what you're thinking- Disney + Christmas and you cannot get much better than that, and I whole-heartedly agree! This is a truly endearing film that is available on DVD and Blu-Ray (we love the Blu-Ray option!) and runs about 88 minutes.

As stated in the movie:


“Someone once told me that the spirit of Christmas is embodied in the hearts of children, untouched as of yet by the doubts, fears and disappointments of the adult world.”
--Santa Claus in “The Search for Santa Paws


 How true, how true. This movie does address some very real issues (Santa gets into an accident in the beginning, and the orphans in the story are going through some very hard times), but if you watch it with your children, you will be able to answer any questions or concerns that arise from them.  

The movie reminds me of one of my favorite childhood films, Annie (maybe it's the orphan angle?).  

Anyway, in the begining, Santa gets into an accident and suffers from amnesia.  From there a whole story unfolds that ultimately tells us the story of Paws and how he became such a huge part of the North Pole!  The movie is the prequal to the  2009 movie Santa Buddies.  

How I loved re-living the wonderment of the Christmas Season through my daughter's eyes, and let's face it, any movie that stars Santa and a gorgeous fluffy dog----I'm there!


Guess what? I have a special coupon for you---$10 off the Blu-Ray/DVD Combo Pack!



Thank you to Disney for allowing us to preview this film to help facilitate this review!  All opinions are our own.


No comments:

Post a Comment