Friday, July 15, 2011

Go See: Winnie the Pooh


On Saturday, my family and I headed into the city nice and early for an advanced screening of Winnie the Pooh. The screening was held at The Ritz 5 and while it was my first visit, it's an old favorite of my husband's- he used to go to The Ritz with friends in high school and college.


As we sat down, I knew Ava was excited, but as the newly updated theme song began to play, I caught myself tearing up a bit - it reminded me of my parents and my childhood! How many times did they sing about Christopher Robin in the Hundred Acre Wood before bedtime to me and my siblings?

Ava clutched her Tigger stuffed animal as the characters began to show up on the screen.  She yelled each name as the character appeared and giggled incessantly for the first 10 minutes. She just could not believe her buddies were right in front of her on that screen!

The movie was made by Disney and is inspired by A.A. Milne's books.  This particular movie is based on three different Winnie the Pooh stories by Milne.

Winnie the Pooh begins with a problem- Eeyore has lost his tale!! Pooh, Kanga, Roo, Rabbit, Owl, Piglet and Tigger come together to find Eeyore a new tale, but as they do, they take on a new mission---find Christopher Robin! The gang mistakenly thinks Christopher Robin has gone missing when Owl mis-reads a note left by CR on his front door.

Owl also mistakenly announces that CR has been taken by a certain make-believe monster which sends everybody into a tail-spin of worries.

The movie was light-hearted, silly, and not one-bit-scary.  The ending was just as precious as you would expect it to be and I have to admit, had my husband and I giggling throughout as well!!

You can check out some fabulously fun family activities here.


Stay informed with the movie on facebook!  This movie opens everywhere today, July 15!

My family received passes to attend an advanced screening of Winnie the Pooh. All opinions are our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment