Friday, October 15, 2010

Sid the Science Kid: Gizmos & Gadgets

I am not going to lie, before becoming a parent, I could not stand a lot of the children's shows that are out there.  I had a hard time finding one that challenged children in a way that is not watered down, yet is still age-appropriate.  One day I was at my aunt's house and my young cousin was watching a cute show about Sid....the Science Kid.  I was intrigued!


Sid the Science Kid airs on PBS Kids (I know, LOVE PBS Kids, or PEEBEE-ESSKIDZ as our cousin calls it) and is created by the beloved Jim Henson!

The show uses humor, music and animation to "promote exploration, discovery and science readiness among preschoolers".

I had the pleasure of reviewing Sid the Science Kid: Gizmos and Gadgets, a 115-minute long DVD that includes four different episodes; The Broken Wheel, My Slide, Sid's Amazing Invention, and The Tree House.  The episodes were cute and funny and definitely kept us entertained.  It's really nice when kids can enjoy an episode of a tv show while learning some very important concepts, and Sid the Science Kid most certainly does that.







Thanks to Jim Henson for giving us a copy of Sid the Science Kid: Gizmos and Gadgets to help faciliate this review. All opinions are 100% our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment